Thursday, October 30, 2008

And it Begins...

As I was picking up Allison from school yesterday a boy approached me. He was fairly tall and obviously older than Allison. As he followed us back to our car, he told me that he wanted Allison to come trick or treating with him, but that she had said she couldn't. He proceeded to beg me to please let her come with him to the mall on Friday night so they could trick or treat together. He was actually very sweet. I told him that we had already made other plans and sent him on his way. I was wondering who this boy was as I hadn't seen him before. When I got in the car, I asked Allison who he was. The conversation went as follows.

Me: So, who is that little boy?
Allison: He's my friend. He wants me to meet him at the mall on Halloween night.
Me: What is his name?
Allison: I don't know, but he's my friend.
Me: What grade is he in?
Allison: I don't know, but he's my friend. Can I meet him at the mall?
Me: Well, we have other plans remember.....
Allison: Oh yeah. Okay.

She reminds me so much of my sister. She always had a million no-named "friends". People who knew her, but whom she had no clue existed. (She probably still does!) Allison is such the same way. I think a lot of it stems from her being so unique in her Puerto Rican school, but a lot of it is just her personality. Everyone is her friend. I hope she can maintain a bit of that as she gets older and eventually learn at least some of her friends' names.

3 comments:

OUR HOUSE said...

I'm sooooo not looking forward to having to deal with the whole boy/girl thing.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Boy trouble already! Good luck!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

That's funny, she's just so cute, who can resist.