Friday, August 29, 2008

Slave Labor



It has been fun just having the boys at home during the day while Allison is at school. Blake is 100% sweetheart in isolation. That always makes things fun. So...I have been trying to make sure that Blake and I do something together while Carter takes a nap. We started out doing things like coloring or playing with Magnetix. This week, however, he has a new favorite thing. Every day, during Carter's naptime, Blake asks if he can do chores to earn money. Every day. It's his new favorite thing to do. He wants me to write some chores and their value on the whiteboard, and then he chooses the ones he wants to do. Now... the interesting thing about this is that he really doesn't understand money yet. He never tries to buy things with his money. He just seems content to put it in his little coin bank. In fact, the other day I paid him fifty cents for something and I gave him 2 quarters. He was disappointed that I had only given him 2 coins, so I traded him for 8 pennies. That made him happy. Here's hoping he doesn't catch on for a while. I'm sure he would be willing to do chores to earn money at any of your houses as well, however as his agent I'll have to collect some sort of finders fee of course.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

It sounds like living in PR is rubbing off--hee hee. I wish I could have my floors cleaned for 8 cents. =) I'd totally pay your finders fee, but the travel expenses would kill me. I guess you'll have to enjoy his hard work all on your own.

prRiggs said...

Hey as long as your agent fees are only 20% or less...Where can I sign up?

Danielle said...

Awesome, gotta love the slave labor, and cheap. He would fit right in here in Peru. I miss you guys, you always made me smile Ashley, thanks for that!

OUR HOUSE said...

This won't last long, so take advantage of it.

April said...

Eva does the same thing. She'd rather have several pennies instead of a quarter. We still have slave labor at our house, and Isabel is almost 11! It's awesome!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

So funny! Good idea, I might have to try it!

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

Oh Tile floors! You totally need slve labor for those! I love that kids always want more coins than what they are worth! Miss you!

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

Oh Tile floors! You totally need slve labor for those! I love that kids always want more coins than what they are worth! Miss you!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Lets hope he continues to have the desire to contribute.

I'm glad your blogging again, you always make me crack up. Have you guys gotten some crazy rain storms from the Hurricane?