Allison started first grade this year at Colegio Bautista de Levittown. She is really enjoying it so far. She doesn't seem to mind that she looks differnet than every other kid in her class (or school for that matter). In fact, she doesn't even seem to notice. Allison is comfortable pretty much everywhere she goes. It's one of the things that I love about her. Her reading and writing skills are improving and she seems to do well in Math. Her Spanish homework is pretty tricky for us. It usually turns into family homework but it helps all of us learn. Last night she had to write a paragraph using a list of Spanish words. Tricky stuff for a 6 year old English speaker I think. We are proud of our little first grader.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! Allison looks so grown up! Emilie reads much better in Spanish than in English, so I have to have Emilie translate a lot of the time. I can't even imagine trying to help her write a paragraph! Way to go, Mom!
Wow, that would be difficult for a 1st grader, even if they knew the language.
oh she's a cutie pie!
Post a Comment