Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Confessions

I procrastinate. I am a procrastinator extraordinaire. What can I say I've been that way all of my life. I would like to think that the only reason I put things off is because I am a perfectionist. I think that's partly true. I do like to do things well. Especially things that everyone I know may be looking at and critiquing (aka my blog - oh hush you know you do it). However, I also procrastinate because I'm lazy. It's a horrible mixture of laziness and perfectionism that keeps me from getting things done. So there you have it. The reasons that my blog drops off the planet for periods of time. I'll try to put off my desires for perfection and get some motivation and do better at keeping this blog going. I love love love reading other people's blogs and I hope my friends and family enjoy mine. I've got a lot of catching up to do...but I'll think about that tomorrow.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm just glad to see you posted something. My dad used to say, "Procrastination is my only fault. It brings me grief and sorrow. But I can stop it anytime! I think I'll stop . . . tomorrow."

Hee hee. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods--wherever that may be right now.

Jueneta said...

There is nothing wrong with laziness . . . that is when we usually create our best stuff.

I am not a perfectionist but I have the same fear. As you can see from my blog there are plenty of spelling and grammar mistakes so I am at a point of I don't care anymore.

LaurieSue said...

You are not a lazy person. You do many things and do them well, including and especially raising extraordinarily cute kids. So, give us a blog entry when you feel like it, but otherwise, just keep on procrastinatin' and being the Ashley we all know and love.

OUR HOUSE said...

I think you can be proud that your excuse is a combo of perfectionism and laziness, because when I procrastinate it's just laziness.....just laziness. Oh yea, and it's also good to know that you didn't drop off the face of the earth:)

prRiggs said...

I have to admit that I do check your blog every now-and-then because I like to see what's going on, so....keep it comin'!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Good to hear you are still around! I love your gone with the wind line! Nick and I were speculating on weather or not you had moved stateside.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Yes!! Finally. I was telling your husband that you need to update your blog. I just love reading your posts, so funny.

So you were done with Puerto Rico huh? I hear ya.

Thanks for updating.