Saturday, May 2, 2009
It's May
I can't believe that it is May. The fifth month of the year. I have been living a life of limbo for officially one year now. Yep...it's been one year ago that we were told we could expect to be moved out of Puerto Rico in "the next few months". Frustrated does not even begin to express how I feel. We are so ready to move on to the next phase of our lives. I can't really complain too much. So many people have lost their jobs in this economy. I feel blessed that Bill even has a job. Luckily his company has not been affected very much. We are all healthy. Allison is doing well in school and is learning so much. She has an amazing teacher and comes home with new information to share daily. That's the main reason the kids and I are living here in the states and that makes it all worth it. It still sucks though. Slowly but surely things are beginning to change. Our relocation package is supposedly in the works, and we should stop spinning our wheels shortly. Bill was talking to his boss about the move the other day. Bill's boss says"pack your bags"...Bill says "they have been at the curb for weeks". We are so ready. So that's all that is happening here. Here's hoping that we know something SOON!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Is it really you? Blogging!?! If living in limbo keeps you alive in blogosphere, I'm all for it. Then again, I guess that's not really the case since you've been this way for a whole year.
Maybe your next post will be about your new job assignment (fingers crossed, girly)!!!
Do you guys have any idea where you'll be going next? Are you planning to go down to Puerto Rico for the summer if Bill is still there? Are the schools in Puerto Rico pretty bad? Are you really going to answer any of these questions, or just leave me hangin'?
Hey Ruth...wouldn't want to leave ya hangin'. School in Puerto Rico is not very good at all. Public schools are in Spanish so you have to go to private schools. It's very expensive and you don't get much for the money. PR has a 40% dropout rate if that clues you in to how much emphasis is put upon education. We really really think we will be moving before summer is in full swing. I can't even think about the possibility of not. We are pretty sure we are moving to GA but the possibility of moving to NJ is still out there as well. GA is our first choice so we are hopeful. I would've moved back to Angelo but it's just too far from family. Miss good friends though! Thanks for askin'.
Yes Sarah....it's me. I'm definitely hoping my next post will be about the move. I'm actually hoping that by posting my frustration something will happen soon. It usually happens that way for me.
I check your blog a couple of times a week, just hoping that you posted an update to your situation. I'm so happy to see this post!
Anyway, I hope that things get straightened out really soon for you. You guys should move to Vegas, we miss you!!!
Hope you'll be able to finish that transition soon! If you do go to Georgia, I might actually get to see you now and then! (We'll be in Georgia this summer to visit Tim's Dad.)
I hope it all works out! I know how hard limbo can be. Good luck on your up coming adventure!
Hey Ashley,
I'm happy to hear that you've heard SOMETHING! We talked to Bill a few nights ago and he told us the same thing...when he walked up, though, Luke was wondering where Blake was?? It only takes him a few months to figure things out. Actually, I'm sure that the next time he sees Bill he'll ask the same thing. We miss you a ton, though. Heather leaves next week...and I'm starting to feel like Gilligan. I hope you get a specific date soon...good luck!
Sheesh, I can see how frustrating that must be. I hope you find out sooner rather than later. We will be praying for you. Allison never ceased to amaze me. She is so smart, I'm glad she's at a good school.
Take care.
I hope so too, what a trooper you are, I hope you are all back together soon. Besos
Post a Comment