Monday, April 28, 2008

Grocery Shopping



We were grocery shopping the other day and wanted to look at buying some tortilla chips. Grocery prices are rather high here and the quality is definitely lacking. It's not unusual to buy something at the store and find that it has already surpassed the sell by date. These chips had us laughing. The bag is less than half full for the low price of $4.99. Needless to say, we had no chips.

7 comments:

Jeanne_2008 said...

was that Walmart??? I hate that!!

The Rowletts said...

Yes Jeanne! Wal-Mart Supercenter in Manati.

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

Hooray for your blog! I am so glad to see pictures of your lovely "stinkers". I bet you can teach Allison to make chips. ")

Matthew and Rosalia said...

So true, someone needs to write the Tostitos company and ask them what's up with their less than half filled bags. They're like that in the states too.

The Rowletts said...

You mean I can't blame half full bags on PR?? Dangit!

Jeanne_2008 said...

It could be PR though...I normaly buy huggies diapers on the base but I bought some from the Super Walmart in Manati and I hated them. They were "bobo" huggies. Looked almost the same, but there were some visable diferences. I couldn't wait till they were all gone and I could get the good ones again. So you never know, the walmarts down here good get some of the reject stuff :)

Richard said...

Hey Ashley, I see the kids are growing nicely despite the half full bags at Wal-Mart. I can't believe how big Carter is now. He was just a newborn when you guys left. Has it been that long? Nat and I hope to get out there before you leave, and I know you want to leave as soon as possible. :) I am going to send Nat the blog link so expect some comments from her soon.